Social interaction for people with like interests and similar work/life balance considerations. This will include in-person gatherings and participation on several social media platforms.
Helping fellow members grow personally and professionally.
Accountability, mentoring, panels, and other programs that provide insight and reinforcement.
Community. Development. Support.
You will find all three in The Gig Community. Do you live in Northwest Arkansas, including Benton, Washington, Madison or Carroll counties? Do you also earn part of your income from freelance or self-employed, contract work? If so, The Gig Community is designed just for you. We are a growing community of independent workers in the digital workforce — from creatives to consultants to direct sales representatives. Our community includes everyone from full-time self-employed people to those who just earn a little bit of money “on the side” from contract work.
The “Gig Economy” is still relatively new, but it is becoming a powerful force in today’s workplace. As someone who is already earning part or all of your income with “gig” work, you are already at the forefront of this movement! Although each industry is different, there is much common ground among those of us who earn our income on a freelance or contract-by-contract basis.
Gig Community is designed to provide:
- Community-social interaction for people with like interests and similar work/life balance considerations.
- Development-helping fellow members grow personally and professionally.
- Support-accountability, mentoring, panels, and other programs that provide insight and reinforcement.
What you will discover is like nothing you have seen in Northwest Arkansas to date. We are curating something more than a networking group or a club. We are cultivating a community of engaged, dedicated people who want to be a part of a movement that is already having a major impact on the workforce. We are kicking off our membership program in Summer 2018 and will soon offer members-only events as well as continuing our free public social events.
Would you benefit from The Gig Community?
Let us ask you these questions:
- Do you often find yourself feeling isolated because you are a self-employed member of the digital workforce?
- Do you wish you had more information and support for growing your business?
- Do you want to learn ways to grow personally and professionally?
If you answered “yes” to any or all of these questions, then you are in the right place! If you want to support people who are in The Gig Economy, you are in the right place! Check out our Facebook page for future in person events!